- Developed, designed and maintained ClearChecks background checks SaaS application.
- Implemented development workflow featuring continuous integration testing and analysis.
- Refactored legacy SaaS application code to support PHP 7.4.
- Updated application from Laravel 5.6 to Laravel 8 and maintained regular dependency updates.
Lead Software Engineer @ ClearChecks
August 2020 - Current Phoenix, Arizona
PHP Laravel Vue.js Docker
Freelance Software Developer @ Roave
September 2019 - August 2020 Remote
- Freelance PHP software development, testing and consultation for global-scale clients.
PHP Laravel Docker
Senior Software Engineer @ Freedom Financial Network
July 2017 - September 2019 Tempe, Arizona
- Developed, managed and maintained business-critical RESTful Laravel PHP applications and infrastructure.
- Developed continuous integration solutions for delivering micro-service architecture hosted on Google Cloud Platform and Google Kubernetes Engine.
PHP Laravel Docker Google Cloud Platform Google Kubernetes Engine
Software Development Engineer @ IO Data Center
July 2015 - March 2017 Scottsdale, Arizona
- Planned, designed and developed second iteration of the PHP based customer authentication and management portal built on the Laravel MVC framework.
- Consumed Okta REST API to implement authentication and authorization and identity management within a custom-built customer web portal.
PHP Laravel HTML CSS Sass / SCSS Composer Packagist
Cloud Engineer @ IO Data Center
June 2014 - July 2015 Scottsdale, Arizona
- Automated the continuous deployment of Arch Linux-backed, OpenStack instances via SaltStack.
- Built Arch Linux images with Packer for PXE booting cloud servers and infrastructure.
- Deployed Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana monitoring platform in a Docker-backed, containerized environment.
- Deployed Consul scripts written in Python for monitoring service usage and alerting on service warnings/failure.
- Locally built and tested cloud instances in Vagrant test environments.
OpenStack SaltStack Linux Python Docker Vagrant
Web Application Developer @ Arizona State University
April 2011 - June 2014 Phoenix, Arizona
- Designed and developed a new iteration of the PHP based learning management system built on the CakePHP MVC framework.
- Rearchitected a normalized MySQL database from existing fragmented database structure.
PHP CakePHP Drupal CodeIgniter
Web Developer / Designer @ Southwest Medical & Rehab
March 2009 - April 2011 Phoenix, Arizona
- Worked alongside senior developer to conceptualize, design, and deploy a custom PHP based e-commerce platform built on Zend Framework.
- Built out a highly available infrastructure for hosting of the e-commerce platform.
- Increased traffic to all sites via email campaigns and search engine optimizations.
PHP HTML CSS Linux
Solution Center Technician @ PetSmart Store Support Group
February 2008 - March 2009 Phoenix, Arizona
- Provided over-the-phone technical support to store and corporate employees.
- Performed advanced troubleshooting on Windows based store servers, registers, and workstations.